Zip lining has become one of the most exhilarating and sought-after outdoor adventure activities in the United States. From coast to coast, adventure enthusiasts flock to various zip line courses to experience the sensation of flying through the air while taking in breathtaking views of the country’s diverse landscapes.
Let’s explore the longest and highest zip lines in the United States!
The Longest Zip Lines in the United States
When it comes to the longest zip lines in the United States, there are several noteworthy contenders that offer adventure seekers the chance to zip across impressive distances. Let’s dive into some of the top options.
1. The Beast at Zip World
Located in Wales, Wisconsin, Zip World is home to “The Beast,” which holds the title for the longest zip line in the United States. With a staggering length of 5,425 feet, The Beast offers riders an unforgettable journey through lush forests and over scenic lakes. It’s a heart-pounding experience that gives you ample time to take in the surrounding natural beauty.
2. Royal Gorge Zip Line
Colorado is renowned for its stunning landscapes, and the Royal Gorge Zip Line is no exception. Situated near Canon City, Colorado, this zip line features a total of nine zip lines, one of which is over 2,400 feet long. While not the longest single zip line in the country, the combination of these lines creates an exhilarating experience that lets you soar high above the Arkansas River and the iconic Royal Gorge Bridge.
3. ZipRider at Icy Strait Point
For those seeking a unique zip lining experience, the ZipRider at Icy Strait Point in Hoonah, Alaska, is a must-visit. While it doesn’t hold the title for the longest single zip line, it offers an incredible experience where you can race side by side with friends or family on a set of five parallel zip lines, covering a combined distance of 5,495 feet. The dramatic Alaskan wilderness serves as a breathtaking backdrop for this adventure.
The Highest Zip Lines in the United States
If you’re looking to take your zip lining adventure to new heights, the United States has some remarkable options that will satisfy your desire for elevation and adrenaline.
1. Hawaii Zipline
Hawaii is known for its stunning natural beauty, and the Hawaii Zipline course on the Big Island provides an extraordinary way to experience it. This zip line offers an exhilarating ride through lush rainforests and over waterfalls, all while being suspended at heights that can reach up to 150 feet above the ground.
2. Waihe’e Ridge Trail Zip Line
Another Hawaiian gem, the Waihe’e Ridge Trail Zip Line on Maui offers a truly unique experience. As you zip through the picturesque Maui landscape, you’ll find yourself at heights of up to 600 feet above the valley floor, providing breathtaking panoramic views of the island’s lush valleys and coastline.
3. Royal Gorge Bridge and Park
In addition to having one of the longest zip lines, the Royal Gorge Bridge and Park in Colorado is also home to some of the highest zip lines in the United States. Riders can experience heart-pounding thrills as they glide across the Royal Gorge at heights of over 1,200 feet above the Arkansas River, making it one of the highest zip line experiences in the country.
A Closer Look at the Longest Zip Line in the United States: The Beast at Zip World
Let’s take a more detailed look at “The Beast” at Zip World in Wales, Wisconsin. This zip line stands out as the longest in the United States, and it offers an unforgettable adventure for thrill-seekers.
The Beast at Zip World:
- Location: Wales, Wisconsin
- Length: 5,425 feet
- Highlights: Soaring through scenic forests and over pristine lakes
- Experience: Riders can reach speeds of up to 60 miles per hour as they glide along this impressive zip line. The experience is not only about the thrill but also about connecting with nature, as the course offers breathtaking views of the Wisconsin landscape.
A Closer Look at the Highest Zip Line in the United States: Hawaii Zipline
Now, let’s delve into the Hawaii Zipline, which offers an exhilarating and high-flying adventure on the Big Island of Hawaii.
- Location: Big Island, Hawaii
- Heights: Up to 150 feet above the ground
- Highlights: Zipping through lush rainforests and over cascading waterfalls
- Experience: Hawaii Zipline provides an awe-inspiring journey through some of Hawaii’s most beautiful landscapes. The zip lines here take you high above the ground, allowing you to experience the island’s natural beauty from a unique perspective.
Safety Precautions and Guidelines
Before embarking on any zip line adventure, it’s essential to be aware of safety precautions and guidelines. Zip lining can be a thrilling experience, but it comes with certain risks. Here are some general safety tips to keep in mind:
- Follow Instructions: Always listen carefully to your zip line guides and follow their instructions. They are trained to ensure your safety throughout the adventure.
- Wear Appropriate Gear: Make sure to wear the provided safety gear, including helmets and harnesses. Proper attire is essential to your safety.
- Weight and Size Limits: Zip lines often have weight and size limits for riders. Make sure you meet the requirements before booking your adventure.
- Health Considerations: If you have any medical conditions or concerns, it’s crucial to discuss them with the zip line operators before participating. Some health conditions may affect your ability to zip safely.
- Stay Hydrated: Depending on the location and weather conditions, zip lining can be physically demanding. Stay hydrated and be prepared for varying weather conditions.
Choosing the Right Zip Line Experience
With so many options available, choosing the right zip line experience can be a daunting task. Here are some factors to consider when deciding which zip line adventure is right for you:
- Location: Think about the location of the zip line and the surrounding scenery. Do you want to soar over forests, waterfalls, mountains, or canyons? Choose a location that aligns with your preferences.
- Length and Height: Determine whether you’re looking for the longest, highest, or a combination of both. Different zip lines offer varying levels of excitement in terms of length and elevation.
- Difficulty Level: Consider your comfort level with heights and speed. Some zip lines are designed for beginners and families, while others are more challenging and suited for experienced riders.
- Group Size: If you’re planning to zip line with friends or family, check if the course can accommodate your group size and whether they offer group discounts.
- Price: Zip lining can range in price, so be sure to check the cost of the experience and whether it fits within your budget.
Zip lining in the United States offers adventure seekers a chance to experience the thrill of flying through the air while taking in some of the most breathtaking natural landscapes the country has to offer. Whether you’re seeking the longest, highest, or a combination of both, there are zip line experiences available to suit your preferences and level of excitement.
From “The Beast” at Zip World in Wisconsin, boasting the title of the longest zip line in the United States, to Hawaii Zipline on the Big Island, offering a high-flying adventure over lush rainforests and waterfalls, there’s an array of options to choose from. Remember to prioritize safety by following guidelines and instructions provided by zip line operators, ensuring a safe and exhilarating experience for all.
So, whether you’re a seasoned zip line enthusiast or a first-time rider, these extraordinary zip lines in the United States are waiting to take you on an adventure of a lifetime. Embrace the thrill, savor the views, and make memories that will last a lifetime as you soar through the skies on the longest and highest zip lines in America.
You might be interested in reading this article next: The World’s Longest Ziplines, be prepared to be amazed!